The Langham Signature scone recipe:
- 1 packet of The Langham scone mix
- 160g Unsalted butter
- 350g Buttermilk
- 10g Vanilla paste (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- Flour for dusting
- Whole egg (for egg washing)
- Oil spray
- Large muffin tin
- Round cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Mix dry ingredients with butter until sandy, using a mixer with paddle attachment.
- Pour buttermilk and vanilla paste into the dry ingredient mixture.
- Mix slowly until combined.
- Dust a clean bench with flour.
- Place the dough on the bench and dust the top of the dough with a small amount of flour. 6.
- Roll scone dough with a rolling pin until 3cm thickness.
- Cut rounds using a cookie cutter according to the size of the muffin tin.
- Using oil spray, grease the inside of the muffin tin.
- Make the egg wash mixture, whisking 1 egg until combined.
- Place the cut scones into the muffin tin and brush the top with whole egg wash.
- In a preheated fan forced, bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Allow to cool on a baking rack.